Lockly Assessibility Statement
Accessibility Statement for Lockly® (Pin Genie, Inc.)
Pin Genie, Inc. dba Lockly is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We believe all persons should be able to access our website and are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Lockly is currently taking the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Lockly.com website and our webstore:
- Conducting an accessibility audit of our website.
- Working to ensure our digital documents and videos are accessible.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Lockly website and webstore is currently partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard while other parts do conform.
Currently, we are conducting and an accessibility assessment of our website and webstore to ensure the best possible experience for all users. This audit includes an independent third-party.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Lockly.com. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our site or webstore:
- Phone: +1 669 500 8835
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: 676 Transfer Road, Saint Paul. MN 55114, USA
We try to respond to feedback within 10 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Lockly recommends the following web browsers and assistive technologies be used for the most accessible experience:
- Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with NVDA on Windows 11 and 10.
- Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with JAWS on Windows 11 and 10.
The Lockly.com website may not be fully compatible with:
- Web browsers older than 3 major versions.
- Mobile operating systems older than 2 versions.
- Web browsers on mobile devices.
The accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the website and webstore, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Lockly.com:
- Safari and VoiceOver on iOS. Some elements and text may not be readable by Apple’s assistive technology on the current version of their mobile OS. We recommend using a personal computer along with a recommended browser (see above) in lieu of a mobile device for a more accessible experience. Users wishing to access information about Lockly products may also prefer to use their mobile application while on a mobile device.
- PDF manuals. Some PDF manuals may not reflect the correct reading order when used with assistive technology. Currently we are in the process of revising our current product’s PDF manuals to ensure their compatibility with current assistive technology.
- Installation Videos. Some installation videos are currently being captioned and will be made available once they are completed. All videos are currently being assessed and edited with a goal of conforming to current FCC and federal 508 captioning guidelines.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 30 business days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
New Possibilities Group LLC, an independent third-party is assessing the accessibility of the Lockly website and webstore by utilizing the following approaches:
- External evaluation using automated scanning.
- External evaluation using assistive technology.
- External evaluation using manual assessment techniques.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 10 business days, and to propose a solution within 30 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.